As people are looking to stay in their homes longer the need for accessible showers has never been greater. Since most people have not remodeled their bathrooms for accessibility they generally have a lot of questions going into the process. Some of these questions might include:
- What is needed to make a showering space accessible? What is the difference between a zero threshold shower and one that is barrier free?
- What options are available in zero threshold showers? Can they be used with various types of floors?
- Who(m) can install this type of product? Is it something I can do myself?
- Do I need to follow ADA guildelines?
- Where can I get a shower base and the proper accessories to make my space accessible and also provide a way for a caregiver to assist in the showering process?
The article below will provide answers to these questions and also offer some information on what type of accessible showering system to consider: