When Cleveland Design & Remodeling division was approached by Bob Armstrong of Master Stone Crafters to create a shower out of an existing walk in closet the project had a familiar theme to it. Bob’s potential customer was not only looking to update an existing cramped bathroom (which currently had a tub/shower combo with a larger walk in closet) but they wanted to make it cool looking and safe for elderly family members who visit their home. Some of the requirements the customer had for this project included:
- Creating a large walk in shower (up to 6 foot by 8 foot) that could be used from a seated (roll in shower) or standing position.
- Finding a way to create storage in the bathroom for clothing that could not be stored in the walk closet anymore.
- Have a sleek contemporary look that was also safe for their visitors.
- Make the shower as maintenance free and waterproof as possible.
- Add updated shower features to make a more relaxing showering experience.