The problems with the current windows: Whenever Terry Ventura (a homeowner in the Brookpark suburb of Cleveland Ohio) entered the front door or sat in the dining room of her home she could see several problems with her old bow window.
- The 4 equally sized windows were non-operable so she could not get fresh air in this east facing room (which gets a lot of sun and heat build up in the morning).
- The old style awning covering the window reduced the amount of natural light and views to the outside.
- The 4 single pane fixed windows with exterior storms where not energy efficient (they were the original windows built into the home) and Terry would see condensation on one of the windows between the storm and window sash.
- The interior trim of the existing windows did not match the trim of the dining room.
- The current sandstone sill was pitched towards the inside of the home causing water to damage the window box of the bow window.