Answers to FAQs for Installing Shower and Tub Wall Panels for a DIY Shower
Another year is quickly coming to a close! The start of a New Year often means setting new goals, reflecting on your resolutions and planning for projects that you want to complete in the months ahead. Part of what makes Innovate Building Solutions unique is that it offers customers flexibility and freedom to design the space of their dreams while staying within a reasonable budget. While we offer professional installation assistance to our regional customers in Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio, we have a variety of products that are available on a nationwide basis that are perfect for customers who don’t mind digging into a project all on their own.
Whether we are assisting customers with bathroom remodeling projects or providing insight about upcoming design trends, one of the top concerns that we hear about revolves around showers and tubs. Our DIY shower wall and tub kits are lightweight, easy to work with and will give your shower the look of granite, stone or marble—without the hefty price tag.
Here are some of the most common questions about our DIY shower wall and tub kits:
1. Can the shower wall panels be installed over old tile? Yes! As long as your current walls are in good condition (not spongy or falling apart), the panels can be installed directly over tile. You will want to choose our “remodeling trim option” so that the trim moldings will completely cover the old surface. It’s important to note that the system cannot be used over fiberglass tubs and showers. These will have to be removed and a wall backer board should be installed before applying our system.
2. What are the benefits to this material? Not only are these panels easy to install for a quick and fresh look, but it’s also completely waterproof, easy to clean, won’t chip or fade, won’t collect mold or mildew and gives customers more than two-dozen patterns. Even better, there are no grout lines and no sealing is required!
3. Can I do a bath to shower conversion using the DIY wall panels? Yes, when removing your bathtub, you’ll simply use a wall backer board and apply the composite material onto the substrate. The material can be cut with a utility knife, jigsaw, circular saw, or power saw.
4. What do I need to install the panels? Aside from the panels themselves and your choice of the tools we mentioned above, you’ll want to purchase an installation kit which includes 8 tubes of polyurethane adhesive and two tubes of translucent silicone caulk.
5. Are there any other accessories that can be incorporated? Corner shelves, shampoo and soap niches and trim boards are also available, giving your shower the upscale look of stone at a price that is very cost-effective.
To see the simple four-step instructions for installing the DIY shower wall and tub panels, visit the Innovate Building Solutions website or contact us nationwide at 877-668-5888.