Introducing a Luxury Acrylic Shower Base Line with an Innovative Bench Seat
Updated March 2, 2019
If you’re looking for an innovative, space-saving and function-enhancing acrylic shower base you need to look no further. The new line of Alessa and Urbana shower bases combine the benefits of using 1, 2 or 3 wall glass enclosures with a bench seat which adds safety and function. Learn more about the benefits and features of this new line below.
Benefits of the Alessa and Urbana seated acrylic shower base lines
Most people are familiar with fiberglass one piece shower base systems which have historically been plagued by cracking and discoloration problems (they also have few glass shower door options – other than using a one-wall glass enclosure system). This new acrylic shower base system offers many of the following exciting benefits not available in most one piece fiberglass systems:
3 storage compartments both inside and outside of the shower for extra soap, shampoo and towel compartments.
- Easy cleaning and scratch resistant cast acrylic base surface.
- This material is warm to the touch which makes the base more comfortable to sit on than a tile surface.
- The Alessa and Urbana bases are designed to work with shower enclosure which can accomodate one wall (for an in-line type shower), 2 walls (for a corner shower), or 3 walls (for an open shower concept) showers.
- Glass enclosures are available in multiple price points to work specifically with these bases. From the highest priced luxury “Titan” line to the mid priced “Platinum” line to the most cost effective “Banyo” line).
- Provides a higher level of safety with lower threshold curbs.
Features of these acrylic shower bases
Flexibility and options are very important when choosing a shower base and enclosure system that provides a consistent look with the surrounding bathroom – “one size fits all” just does not work in new or remodeled bathroom any more! Here are some of the features which make this new shower base with bench seat system really stand out:
- Features a 60” x 36” shower base with 3 bench seat compartments for extra storage or to be used as a footrest.
- A selection of 4 different types of linear drain covers are available.
- Door hardware finishes include brushed stainless, ultra chrome, bright brass, bright chrome, brushed nickel and oil rubbed bronze.
- Glass enclosures are available for in line, corner and 3 sided showers in glass thicknesses ranging from ¼” to ½” glass thicknesses.
What do you think about this unique acrylic shower base and bench seat with matching enclosure system? Do you have any questions about them? Please comment below or call.
If you’re looking for more information or an estimate to install an acrylic shower base with bench seat system visit The Bath Doctor of Cleveland (216-531-6085) or Columbus (614-252-7294).For nationwide direct product sales call Innovate Building Solutions (877-668-5888). For complete bathroom remodeling contact Cleveland Design & Remodeling (216-658-1270).
If you’re a remodeler or builder and want practical advice on remodeling products, industry trends, marketing and sales tips to grow your business (and cut day to day hassles), start reading my newest blog – Innovate Builders Blog. It’s packed with ideas you can use now. Click here to Sign Up for the Innovate Builders Blog.
Mike – we no longer carry seated shower bases and quite frankly I’ll tell you why I’m not a big fan of them. With the seat built into the base it’s there all the time and takes up too much room (in my opinion) in a 60″ wide shower. I’m a bigger believer in using a fold down seat. With the fold down seat you can put it down when it’s needed (for someone shaving their legs or someone who needs to shower in a seated position) – but you can put the seat up (and have a bigger shower) for people who aren’t using the seat. Here’s a link where you’ll find shower seats if you decide to consider this option – Mike – https://innovatebuildingsolutions.com/product/contemporary-shower-accessories/
I am looking for a 60×36 seated shower base with a center drain what options if any do you have.
Kat – feel free to call us at 877-668-5888 and one of our team can talk to you about the multiple different part numbers and ‘product types’ (not these shower pans can come in either a contemporary reinforced acrylic or textured stone options) for these ‘Flex-Pans.’ Thanks for your interest – Mike
I need to know the brand and part number for the shower pan/tray 60 x 36 that I would use for a shower that fits the 60″ side against one wall and the other three sides are glass enclosure.
Dawn – I don’t know anyone in peterborough ontario but we could ship these systems to anywhere in the United States if this will help you. Feel free to contact us if we can help further.
I want to know where I can get one of these in peterborough ontario and the price of a 2 sides of glass side door opening
Stephanie – the acrylic shower base system you’re looking at here comes in a 60″ x 36″ size. There are other shower bases (like a stone solid surface line we carry) which you can get in custom sizes. I hope this helps – but if you need more information just call us at 877-668-5888. Mike
Are these enclosures available in various standard sizes, and if so, what are they? Or are they available only in custom/build-to-order sizes?
This is a great product offering that fills the gap between those awful typical shower enclosures with no style at all, and the custom built tile based showers.